Monday, June 23, 2008

Praying For A Less "Disney" Orlando Magic Logo

As I mentioned briefly in yesterday's entry, the Orlando Magic are going to get a new logo and jerseys at some point this summer. As a diehard Magic fan, the suspense is killing me. Making me wait on what the complete image overhaul for my favorite team will look like is like telling me, "So...you may or may not have genital warts. Later this summer you can find out!"

One thing we do know, there will be a "blast from the past" theme for the jerseys. This can only mean one thing: Everyone will be nude except for selectively placed images of Rony Seikaly on their crotch.

-If it's not that, chances are it means PINSTRIPES, PINSTRIPES, PINSTRIPES! For those of you dyslexic folks out there, it means STRIPE-PINS!

As for the logo, it my firm belief the Magic were initially going for that whole "Hey, if we name our team after the Magic Kingdom and make our logo look like something Mickey Mouse would make sweet love to, maybe we can have Disney as a future partner!" This, of course, did not happen as Disney turned their noses up at the local squad (to be fair, they had little use for Scott Skiles with his lookalike Dopey Dwarf already under Disney ownership).

Now, the Magic have their big chance to completely erase the silly kiddiness of their logo and get something that'll sell some damn jerseys. I strongly suggest they go with this:



What is it? It's a friggin' clock tied to a tree. Why should it be the logo? I'll be damned if I know, but it's the first thing that pops up when you type in "Magic" on Google Images Search. Obviously it's a magic clock of some sort, and those are not to be messed with. Look a little closer and you'll see that there is a little door in the tree. If all else fails, the team can still go for that E.L. Fudge sponsorship to bolster the team.


More logo news as it comes. This will easily be the most important thing of the summer for me...you know...except for the fact I'm getting married Saturday. Besides that, I guess.

1 comment:

Orlando Hotels said...

Well...Disney and the Magic are the most fascinating things this amazing city has, why don't be proud of it?