Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Joe Johnson Is Boring

As is alluded to in THF friend-site Free Darko's book "The Macrophenomenal Basketball Almanac", Joe Johnson is one of the most lukewarm guys in a league of exciting personalities. I've noticed that whenever anyone is talking about him on sports highlights, it is usually in some stat-related capacity. For example, "Lebron with the THUNDER-JAM! Then, Mo Williams with the NO-LOOK-SHIMMY-SHIMMY-YAW SHIMMY SHIMMY YAY!...Joe Johnson also netted 38 points as the Hawks went on to beat the Cavs..."

If you missed Joe Johnson's yawn-worthy exploits in the NBA All Star Weekend's first ever H-O-R-S-E (where they spelled G-E-I-C-O?!) game, let this video be a trip inside the drabness that is JJ. Here he is, attempting to show up Lebron and Dwight Howard's crazy pregame shots with one of his own:



Oh sorry, I nodded off for a second. Did something happen? Oh, Joe Johnson shot from a chair, something I actually did to win a game of h-o-r-s-e when I was in third grade? Fantastic. I'm going back to bed. Wake me when Lebron does that underwater.

No comments: